Wild Rice Stuffed Beef Tenderloin with Wild Rice Mushroom Sauce-Food Service
YIELD: 24 servings
BAKE: 40-50 min.
|Minnesota Wild Rice|
|22 1/2 oz.|
|Cook wild rice using one of the following methods. Drain, set aside.|
Range: Combine in heavy 3 quart pot. Cover, bring to boil, reduce heat. Simmer 45-55 minutes or until grains are open.
Steamer: Combine in a 12x9" shallow steamer pan. Steam, uncovered, 40-50 minutes or until grains are open. Cooking time may vary with type of steamer.
|Wild Rice Mouse/Beef|
Fresh bread crumbs
Wild rice (prepared above)
Chopped herbs (combine:
parsley, chives & thyme)
Beef Tenderloins, trim
1 1/4 cups
2 pieces (4 lbs. each)
|1. In food processor, process onions and garlic 15 seconds.|
2. Add mushrooms, crumbs, herbs and 9 ounces of the cooked wild rice prepared above; process 30 seconds.
3. Add remaining ingredients except beef; process until thoroughly pureed. Cover and refrigerate.
4. Butterfly tenderloins; pound each to 1/2 inch thick. For each tenderloin: spread with 22 ounces of Wild Rice Mousse; roll up from long side, jelly-roll fashion. Tie each string at 2-inch intervals, securing tightly. Roast in oven until internal temperature registers 130°F. Keep hot.
Wild Mushroom Sauce
Shiitake mushrooms, sliced
1 lb., 4 oz.
|5. Melt butter in Dutch oven; add onions and mushrooms. Cook, stirring, 10 minutes.|
6. Add Madeira and stock; reduce to 4 1/2 cups.
7. Mix water and cornstarch; mix into sauce. Cook until slightly thickened; season with pepper and salt. Keep hot.
8. Slice each tenderloin into 24 equal slices. For each serving: place 1/2 cup cooked wild rice (prepared earlier) on each plate; arrange 2 beef slices on wild rice; pour 3-4 tablespoons of wild mushroom sauce over top.
Recipe compliments of the Minnesota Cultivated Wild Rice Council
Return to search page